Thursday, November 10, 2011

Early Final Ideas

For my Final, I want to explore z space more in after effects. Much like I did the Bi plane earlier this week, I am going to animate a semi 3D bird. It will be a continuous shot, focusing on the bird itself. The bird will be seperated layers utilizing z space. There will not be much story involved, I want to focus on creating a good 3Dish model and creating a realistic depth of field. I have not started the storyboard at this moment so I do not know exactly what will happen throughout the animation, but I have ideas.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be very challenging in Aftereffects to make a convincing 3D or semi-3D animation. This actually sounds like another animation I saw recently, and I think that it might turn out well, but it all depends on how you animate your bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the 3D bird is a cool idea. the plane you did earlier was very successful. however, i think it would be a good idea to have a concept. that would really make it a stronger portfolio piece. maybe just a simple point A to B

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't decided what exactly you're going to do yet then I can give you a few suggestions maybe, if you want. Maybe have the bird going around causing mayhem by flying almost making someone fall, knocking over fruits, flying over and under things almost getting into dangerous situations, etc. Or if you are just going to have him flying into z space maybe make him journey through weird places. Places you've made up or places one may never see a bird go. Your concept so far, is a bit vague, but I like the direction it's going in so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your plane, so best of luck. Hope we can see your ideas come class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete