Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Project 1: Diorama

The first project, create a digital diorama by using layered photoshop or illustrator files. I chose an underwater scene. I used digitally painted layers, no photos, in photoshop. To create a deep under water feel, I used a lot of black and dark blues for the color palette. I messed with the opacity settings and hardness of my brush to give it a murky look. I animated a submarine, that comes into frame and drops a diver, and a school of fish that passes through the shot. For a background layer, I painted a sunken ship, it does not move. I decided upon an underwater setting because the first thing I thought of when I was told a moving diorama, was a fish tank. I used to have a fish tank as a child, and at the bottom I had plastic rocks and a little sunken pirate ship, much like a diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment